Proudly Serving Southeastern & Central Nebraska.
To meet the increased demand for concrete paving, George P. Abel, Sr. founded the Ready Mixed Concrete Company in 1929 building one of the first permanent ready mixed plants in the nation at 18th & Y Streets in Lincoln, Nebraska. At that time, ready mixed concrete was mixed in loads of 3 cubic yards and delivered from the plant in dump trucks to Lincoln construction sites. Today, Ready Mixed Concrete Company supplies concrete to job sites with 3 Lincoln plants, 19 total state-wide, and a fleet of more than 90 trucks.
All Ready Mixed locations are world class, state-of-the-art plants. A computerized dispatching system predicts travel times from plant to job site and automatically updates the database as projects are ordered and completed. A status board installed in each truck replays location and other information to Central Dispatch, where the operation of plants and trucks are closely monitored to ensure efficient delivery of shipments.
In keeping with its family-owned roots, all Ready Mixed plants are good neighbors, taking pride in clean, dust-free operations and environmentally conscious plant sites.
Find A Ready Mixed Location Near You.
Ready Mixed Concrete Company now operates 3 Lincoln locations that are world class, state-of-the-art plants as well as 17 other plants in southeast and central Nebraska. These plants are located in Auburn, Aurora, Beatrice, Central City, Crete, Falls City, Fairbury, Geneva, Hebron, Kearney, Nebraska City, Palmyra, Silver Creek, St. Paul, Syracuse, Tecumseh and York.